Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let It Snow

It's Christmas Eve.

I am dreaming of a white Christmas. I am wishing for a dense white snow to blanket my heart in a winter wonderland where I can stay only just alive enough to get through the next two days. I am wishing for it to blizzard my mind with tidings of comfort and joy, erasing the flurry of thoughts and emotions about Christmas past and present scattered there. I am wishing for it to flutter down into my stomach and cool the slow burn of an open fire that's building there. I am wishing for it to muffle the sounds of Christmas wishes and carols and leave me in a quiet, silent night instead. I am wishing for it to surround me in clean white nothingness until I can stand to see upon a midnight clear, the world as it really is. Baby, it's cold outside.

I am wishing for you - wherever you are, dear readers - a holiday of peacefulness and love. Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Hold close to the ones who matter most to you. Cherish them. Amid the gales of laughter and the wonder and excitement, steal a moment to save forever the best of what's around you. Enjoy your gifts. Celebrate The Gift.

Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men...and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

2 cat calls:

penelope said...

Merry Christmas, Ash.
love,
pen

schu said...

and a happy new year!