Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bah Humbug: I'm scrooged about...

...the Ferrero Roche holiday commercial. I want to deck them...

...the Secret Santa festivities at work. Like, I don't know what to get my family, much less my coworkers...

...my dad's sister who called last night and told Mom that they "could be here" on the 23rd and planned to spend 4 or 5 days. They have never spent Christmas with us - in fact, I'd wager I haven't seen them since my college graduation - and of all years to inflict themselves upon us...

...the return of The Panic, which is undoubtedly induced by the whole Christmas season (to quote my emotional counterpart, The Grinch), but whatever the reason, I've found myself fighting the gag reflex, hiding in the ladies' room, deep breathing, and holding my breath altogether...

...my inability to buy one single solitary Christmas present. Really. Not one...

...the fam's unwillingness to commit to a time frame on our family Christmas celebration, which is usually the weekend after Christmas but we're trying to consolidate and avoid prolonging the agony...

...me, being so grumpy, so overly sensitive, so reactive to every yuletide good wish with a mental, 'oh bugger off' and feeling like I'm wearing a sour grinchy frown and blaming everything on work and fatigue...

Face it, I'm totally scrooged.

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

You are allowed.

I'm still sending you a present. My apologies in advance. :)

jenn said...

If ever there was a year for you to say bah humbug to Christmas, this is definitely it. Sorry to hear that The Panic is revisiting you. :( Just that would be enough to make anyone a Grinch.

What could your dad's sister possibly be thinking? Good grief.

Kurt said...

Plus those Ferrero Rochers have deadly poisonous hydrogenated oil in them. My room parents would always give me those as presents.

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time poster.
But I was moved enough to second the notion about Ferrero Rocher - the dog runs to the door every time because of the stupid doorbell ringing.
- Heather