Thursday, September 17, 2009

Johnny Castle, in the Corner of My Mind

July 3, 1988

Dear Diary,
July is a good month. I think Patrick Swayze is cute. I love the movie
Dirty Dancing. Jennifer Gray is good for the part. I want to be in a movie with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. I want there to be a Dirty Dancing II. Adios.

Love,
Ashley

***

July 4, 1988

Dear Diary,
Today is July 4th! We had a big meal and firecrackers. I have a dream of being in a movie with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. I still have flash backs of the movie. It's 11:15. Gotta go!

Love,
Ashley

P.S. My birthday is in 2 days!

6 cat calls:

stgd said...

Yet another cosmic twin item. I too love Dirty Dancing. In fact it’s the only movie I own and it’s on VHS.

penelope said...

Oh my goodness. These are wonderful.

ashley said...

We are having a Patrick Swayze Tribute Day in the office. My boss is dressed as PS from Red Dawn. I chose, of course, to wear my cool all black and channel my inner Johnny Castle.

tempe said...

This is beyond awesome.

I remember seeing the movie at Kim Ward's house in the 3rd grade (my parents wouldn't let me rent it). I was transformed - I wanted be just like Penny, except for the whole "knocked up" thing.

tempe said...

Btw, I didn't know what "knocked up" meant at that age, but I knew it couldn't be good.

Andria said...

I love these diary entries, but moreover, I LOVE that you can get your hands on them so easily to share with us! That is very impressive indeed.