Saturday, September 18, 2010

Penpathy

Dear Pen:
Today I feel like maybe I'm having some sort of distant HSP sympathy experience for you. Nothing seems right. Everything is in transition. There's this looming uncertainty that could be just in front of something wonderful or complete and total disaster. Like a spinning plate wobbling on the stick, the need for balance is essential but the wobbling seems so unbalanced and out of control and when will it stop spinning? It's so uncomfortable to be so precariously placed.

I have this weekend and next before a long string of out-of-town weekends, so if I'm truly going to get in the house before Nov. 5 (and let's face it - I must), I have to get moving. But how? How to get past this stuck place into the next place I'm supposed to be...I could make a list but then there's the actual doing. And at this point, there's a sort of weird unclarity about what to put in the box and what to take out of the box and what is actually required to consider myself moved.

Oh, Lord. Help.

Please know as you are packing and wrapping and boxing and making those painful piles of keep/give/trash, that in another state (i.e. the State of Panic), I am doing the same thing for a move just miles from where I am but seems like a great distance.

xo,
Ash

3 cat calls:

pen said...

This actually helps me. My moving twin. It's extremely painful, is it not?

At the moment - brief moment in time I'm sure - I'm consoling myself with the idea that I'm *not* this time sad and nostalgic, putting things in boxes, but I'm instead *excited* because the next time I take them out, I'll be in our new house. And it will be cool. It will. It might even be cooler than this house. Wherever this house is, and however we manage to get our hands on it - these boxes are holding that hope and promise.

HSPs are so prone to inertia. However, Nov. 5 is a very motivating deadline, no? Start with one box, just one, and see what happens from there.

Niki said...

To the both of you: I am jealous. I am in what seems to be an endless stage of inertia, housewise, and would love, love, love to be packing boxes for a new destination.

Remind me of this when I'm moaning and groaning about all.my.shit. when the time finally does come to move.

For real though, having once moved 4 times in 1 year, I sympathize. Moving is a bitch. Godspeed.

schu said...

yes one box and book at a time. just don't get too lost in the looking. :)