Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dear M, Regarding My Totally You Moment:

I discovered that the illustrious Joel McHale has finally deigned to bring his stand-up tour past the noxiousness of Las Vegas. Even my love of Joel cannot take me there. He's actually making his way as far as the eastern seaboard including that nearby bastion of The South, Hotlanta. However, instead of taking the easy way, instead of just going an hour up the road to a venue I've been to before near where my brother lives making it easy for me to stay the night with him post-performance, I bought a plane ticket.

On a whim, I bought a plane ticket! To the Lonestar State where I will be taking in the McHale McMagnificence with my Texas Twin. I'm flying in early and staying late and have been promised a photogging excursion somewhere in there. And I just did it. Like a true adventurer.

Not uncoincidentally, I dreamed last night of going to Vienna. And the buildings were amazing, and I remember that we were going through Germany on our way home? So the passport is next, Oh, Wayfaring Soul. But know...you're rubbing off on me.

xo,
Intrepid Traveler

5 cat calls:

hat said...

Joel McHale is the brother of Stephen McHale who was a seminarian at the seminary where I worked in Berkeley. All those times when Stephen McHale stopped by my office to get candy out of the candy dish, I wish I'd asked him to get me tickets to see Joel -- barter system ok? Anyway, with the connection, we're just about 4 degrees separated, right?

pen said...

Hooray!

And I like hat's proposal for 4 degrees.

schu said...

next you'll be meeting me in seattle. i like i like!

ashley said...

I'm loving this close proximity to McHale! Let me know when you're ready to call in a favor, HAT. I'll totally ante up with some peppermints if that's what it takes.

jenn said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you are embracing your inner wanderer!