Monday, March 02, 2009

Just Me & the Boys: An Update

For some reason - is it because I' m a girl? - I keep getting asked if I want to go back to the labor and delivery room. Umm. No. I do not. Like, why is it okay for my dad and Eva's dad and brother and (although less surprisingly) The Barrister to park it in front of daytime TV? But me? They keep prodding. "You can go back if you want." Why would I want to go back there? I want to see the baby, sure. But after it's ungoopified and smelling nice and wrapped in swaddling clothes. I do not need to see the actual emergence into the world. That is all.

And for the record, an epidural is in place and I expect we'll be getting push reports from "back there" before long.

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

Perhaps a pair of those eyeglasses with the nose and fake mustache attached would come in handy?

ashley said...

Seriously. The Barrister & I went to get candy bars so that I could escape the pushing (figurative and literal).

Niki said...

Eew.